We are looking for an outstanding Mechanical Engineer with aircraft design and research experience to join our innovative team. In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of the team that is designing a new concept of Electrical Vertical Take Off and Landing Vehicle for urban mobility. You will be working closely with the Mechanical and Aerodynamics Engineering Manager
Your daily duties:
- Work closely with the core members of the company in the definition of parts of the vehicle.
- Perform conceptual, preliminary, and detailed structural analysis of components and assemblies.
- Use classical analysis and finite element software to design efficient structures.
- Fatigue analysis to determine the retirement time of metallic and composite structures.
- Create, maintain and detail CAD components and assemblies that meet all requirements such as structural integrity, interface boundaries and weight.
- Produce aircraft layout and airframe structural configuration.
- Develop static tests to structure to ensure safety and performance.
- Help to make decisions about different aspects of the project.
- Propose solutions and improvements to the aircraft design.
- Analyze designs and develops configurations for structures or joints.
- B.S. in Aeronautical Engineering or similar discipline required.
- M.Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aeronautical Engineering would be beneficial.
- Experience using CAE tools for stress analysis on components and assemblies using Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Must have the ability to work on complex technical problems and provide solutions in an independent manner.
- Experience in numerical calculation software.
- Knowledge of design and optimization techniques applicable to aircraft.
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English and good Spanish language skills are essential, any other language would be beneficial.
About the company
Imago is a company founded in 2013 with more than 5 years of experience developing aerospace technology. Since 2018, we started designing a new kind of vehicle that could solve many of the traffic-related problems that we experience in our cities. If you want to know more about the company, our concept and the news of Imago, we invite you to visit our webpage www.imago.aero.